Saturday, 18 July 2015

my basketball cut

I got a cut from a basketball game with Mariah and Makayla.
I slipped on the rocks. I fell into the splits but I didn't scrap myself then!
And then I tried to get the ball from Makayla; there were rocks on the road; and I slipped on the road and fell on my knee, and right below it is a huge cut. I was really proud because mom was running up the driveway from her walk. I'm going to show you a photo of my basketball cut:
It looks like it's bleeding to death, but it's not! I couldn't walk yesterday, but I can walk today, so that's good.

4 comments:

  1. You have been so brave Samantha! I have loved taking care of you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!! You are brave!! I hope it will heal fast & that you will try basketball again when you are healed up! It is a fun game... I know that your mom was very good at playing it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha - it was amazing to see how brave you were this weekend with your scrapes! It did seem like your cut was bleeding to death. but you handled it so well! Hope you are feeling better today! Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. That's a bad cut! I probably would have cried. I'm glad you can walk with it now! One of my favourite quotes applies: Alfred says to Batman: "why do we fall sir? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.